Don't they look fabulous. Not just a treat to your eyes but your palate and tummy too. Healthy food never looked so good. A lot of people swear by buddha bowls; a healthy way to loose weight. I'm not sure about loosing weight, but it make sense. It does have a lot of food with little calories and hardly any calories from fat. I'm not doing the math as am not a dietitian or a nutritionist. But, I hope it helps me get into my skinny jeans soon.
I was planning to post this next week, but thanks to some of you ...I promised, I will do it today, and here it is..on the blog.
In other news, as it is getting warmer. My morning walks are back. It looks so beautiful outside. "Be with those that help your being" Walking outside in the fresh, crisp spring air, what else can enrich my being more than being with nature. I have walked miles on that trail, I know every leaf, every, tree, how the light falls in the mornings and how the shadows change as the sun goes higher in the sky.
It was mid morning, a comfortable time to get out at this time of the year. I was thrilled to be walking outside with my favorite companion dangling on my neck. Glad I took the camera, it saved me a trip to go back home. Some images from the walk...
Buddha/ Hippie/Glory Bowls
- 1cup boiled chickpea
- 1cup spiralized raw papaya
- 1cup spiralized zucchini
- 1cup spiralized carrots
- 1cup spiralized red beet
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup caulifloweret
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 soft-hard boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp. sesame
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts
- 1 lime
- 5-6 mint leaves
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 1tsp. chaat masala
- 1 Thai red chili (optional)
- 2 tbsp. sambal oelek
- 1 tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp. say sauce
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 tbs. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. ginger juice
- 1 tsp. sesame oil (optional)
- Drain the boiled chickpeas, add salt, half of the red chili powder, chaat masala and chopped mint leaves keep aside.
- Take a small bottle, add all the ingredients for sauce, shake well and keep aside.
- Sparalize the veggies with help of a spiral cutter or shred them.
- Mix the sauce with the veggies and keep aside.
- Soft hard boiled eggs : bring water to boil and drop the eggs, boil for 7 minutes, drain hot water and soak it in cold water. Remove shells.
- Roast cauliflower in olive oil, add salt and half of the red chili powder.
- Assemble the bowl with veggies, chickpeas and roasted cauliflower, garnish with toasted sesame and peanuts. Serve freshly assembled.
- Garnish with thai red chili - optional .
- You can store the chopped veggies for about 3 days, sauce stays good for a week.